Works by Béla Lajta
1905 - 1906

Dezső Malonyay acquired the building lot at 5 Izsó Street on July 3, 1905. Béla Lajta’s drawings received official approval in September the same year.

1905.08 - 1906.01

Béla Lajta was one of founders of the bourgeois-middle class club called ’Club of Erzsébetváros’ ('Erzsébetvárosi Kaszinó'), which he also served as arts advisor.

The Bárd brothers, who had commissioned the interior design of their music shop in 1900, had a villa planned by Lajta in 1906, which, however, never got constructed.

1908 - 1909.02

Proprietor of the ’Ancient Buda Castle’ amusement district in Városliget (City Park), Adolf Friedmann first meant to have his winter night club built at 57, Dohány Street.


Elek Koronghi Lippich, head of the Department of Art of the Ministry of Public Education and Religious Affairs between 1899 and 1912 had definite views on art politics.